Oreo chocolate chip cookies are bakery style cookies full of chocolate and Oreos! They are loaded with Oreo cookie pieces and chocolate chips! These cookies have a nice crunch thanks to the Oreo, with soft cookie centers, and pockets of gooey chocolate in each bite.
Oreo cookies in a chocolate chip cookie! Sounds simple, but the results are extraordinarily decadent!
These cookies have crunchy Oreo pieces and pockets of gooey chocolate in each bite. They are so good!
This is a similar recipe to my Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies, and makes 6 cookies total.
The key to this recipe is baking the cookies large. Since we are adding in Oreo pieces, a bigger cookie scoop is needed. Also, baking larger cookies gives you extra soft centers with crisp edges.
Why this recipe works
No chill time – No wait time, yay! This means you’ll get the cookies even faster!
Easy to make – All the ingredients get mixed together in one bowl with no electric mixer needed!
Oreos – These cookies have crushed up Oreos in them!
Perfect texture – The cookies have crisp edges and extra gooey and soft centers!
Full ingredients and measurements can be found in the recipe card down below. Here’s a few key ingredients for this recipe!
- Butter – I always use unsalted for baking. This will be melted.
- Brown sugar – I used light brown sugar. Dark brown sugar works as well.
- Chocolate – Use a high quality chocolate chip brand for best results. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. I don’t recommend milk chocolate chips because it will be too sweet.
- Oreos – I used almost an entire regular package (270g) of Oreos for this recipe. You can use any flavour Oreos, just make sure it is not double stuffed.
Step by step instructions
Here is how to make and bake these oreo chocolate chip cookies. You will need a baking tray lined with parchment paper, a large mixing bowl, a spatula, and a whisk.
Step 1 – Whisk butter and sugars. Whisk the cooled melted butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Then whisk in vanilla and egg yolk.
Step 2: Add in dry ingredients. Fold in flour, baking soda, and salt until a soft dough forms.
Step 3: Add in chocolate chips and Oreos. Next, add in the chocolate chips and Oreo pieces. Use a rubber spatula to fold them in.
Step 4: Scoop the dough. I used a large cookie scoop. Scoop 6 cookie dough balls onto a prepared baking tray.
Step 5: Bake the cookies. Bake the cookies for 13-16 minutes. Mine took 16 minutes exactly.
Step 6: Enjoy. Cool the cookies on a baking tray until firmed up and enjoy!
Expert Baking Tips
- Use a gram scale for most accurate measurements. Especially for your dry ingredients!
- Use a large cookie scoop to achieve those extra soft centers!
- If you want to take these cookies to the next Oreo level, add 2 tbsp of finely processed Oreo crumbs into the dough!
- Use chopped chocolate to get those puddles of chocolate!
Can I make smaller cookies?
Yes. They won’t be as chewy though. Making larger cookies helps create that super gooey centre and crisp edge. If you make them smaller, bake for 9-11 minutes.
Can I freeze the cookie dough balls?
Yes you can make them ahead of time! Freeze in an airtight container if planning on not baking them the same day. When you’re ready to bake, place them in the oven for 15-18 minutes. Be aware though that baking cookies from frozen dough balls will not allow them to spread as much.
My cookies spread way to much?
Was your butter warm? This is most often the reason. You also may of inaccurately measured the flour.
Storing & Freezing
Store the cookies on your counter for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
These cookies freeze well! After baking, allow to cool completely. Place into a ziplock bag and zip up and store for up to 2 months. When ready to eat, thaw by leaving them at room temperature or warm up in the microwave!
Check out these recipes
- Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Nutella Pumpkin Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Espresso Walnut Cookies
- Apple Pumpkin Crumble Cake
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and let cool while you prep the rest of the ingredients.1/2 cup butter
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add in vanilla and egg. Whisk until smooth.2/3 cups light brown sugar, 2 tbsp white sugar, 2 egg yolks, 1 tbsp vanilla
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Use a rubber spatula and fold the dough until just combined. Do not over mix! Add in Oreo pieces and semi-sweet chocolate chips and fold into dough.1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt
- Scoop 6 cookie dough balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet.1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup Oreo pieces
- Bake for 13-16 minutes. Mine took 16 minutes. The cookies will be ready when the edges are a golden brown, but the inside will look very soft. Remove from oven and add more Oreo pieces and chocolate chips if desired on top. Let the cookies cool on the hot pan for a few minutes before serving warm or cool completely and enjoy!