Soft and chewy Oreo blondies are like brownies without the cocoa powder! They are chewy and have that crisp edge we all love. Each bite is loaded with so much flavour and Oreo sweetness!
These delicious Oreo blondies are a very easy recipe to bake! They can be made in one bowl with no electric mixer, so kids can help make them!
The blondies are soft and chewy with that crisp edge. Every bite is filled with crunchy and sweet Oreos. They are so good!
Why this recipe works
No electric mixer required – Just a whisk and a spatula!
Easy to make – Only 8 ingredients needed and the blondies come together within 30 minutes from start to finish!
Oreos – Enjoy bites of Oreo in each bite.
Butter – I always use unsalted. This will be melted.
Brown sugar – You can use dark or light for this recipe. I used light.
Oreos – I used regular Oreos and broke them up into smaller pieces before adding them into the bowl. You can also use any flavour
Step by step instructions
Here is how to make and bake these Oreo blondies. You will need an 8×8 square pan lined with parchment paper, a large mixing bowl, a spatula, and a whisk.
Step 1 – Whisk butter and sugar. In a large bowl, whisk your melted butter with brown sugar.
Step 2 – Whisk in egg and vanilla. Add the egg and vanilla and continue whisking.
Step 3 – Add in dry ingredients. Toss in flour, baking soda, and salt. Using a spatula, fold until no dry streaks appear.
Step 4 – Chop Oreos. Break apart the Oreos and add into the bowl. Mix in a few times.
Step 5 – Transfer and bake. Transfer into your prepared 8×8 pan and spread evenly. Top with extra Oreos.
Step 6 – Bake. Bake the blondies for 20-25 minutes or until the blondies have a light golden edge and a toothpick inserted in comes out with a few crumbs.
Cool, slice, and enjoy!
Expert Baking Tips
- Use a gram scale. This will give you the most accurate measurements!
- You will know the blondies are done when there is a slight golden brown edge to them and they are ‘wrinkly’ looking. Cool in pan as they continue to bake as they cool.
- Use normal Oreos. Double stuffed will be to thick in my opinion.
- Swap regular Oreos for golden or any other flavour!
What are blondies?
Blondies are like brownies, without the cocoa powder! They are full of flavour thanks to the dark brown sugar and tons of vanilla used.
Can I use a different Oreo?
Yes! I think it would be great to use a festive Oreo for the season, or even golden ones!
Can I brown the butter?
I don’t see why not! I think it would add a ton of gourmet flavour to the blondies and pair well with the brown sugar.
Check out these recipes
- Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Nutella Pumpkin Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Espresso Walnut Cookies
- Apple Pumpkin Crumble Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350℉/180℃. Prepare a 9×9 baking pan by lining with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add slightly cooled melted butter and dark brown sugar.1/2 cup butter, 2/3 cups light brown sugar
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue whisking.1 egg, 1 tbsp vanilla
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Using a spatula, slowly fold until no dry streaks appear. The dough will be soft! Don't over-mix.1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt
- Toss in the Oreo pieces and mix in a few times.1/2 cup Oreos
- Transfer into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Top off with additional Oreo pieces if desired.
- Bake the blondies for 20-25 minutes or until the blondies have a light golden edge and a toothpick inserted in comes out with a few crumbs.
- Cool the blondies before slicing. If you slice them while they are hot, they will fall apart.