Mini Egg magic bars have a golden Oreo base and are topped with layers of chocolate chips, mini eggs, shredded coconut, and Oreo cookie pieces. It’s drizzled with sweetened condensed milk, which acts like a glue while also giving the bars that incredible gooey texture.
I am back at it again with another magic bar recipe! The last one, Oreo Magic Bars, got so much love that I knew I had to come out with a spring version!
These cookie bars are a fun twist on the classic seven layer magic bars. They come together in one pan, making the clean up extremely minimal and the dessert under 30 minutes.
For more bar recipes, try Oreo Magic Bars, Seven Layer Magic Bars, or Brown Butter Nutella Bars.
Why this recipe works
Texture – Each ingredient brings its own amazing texture and flavour.
Minimal clean up – There’s only one bowl required to make the Oreo base. The rest is poured straight into the baking pan!
Cookies and cream flavour – These bars are a fun twist on the classic seven layer magic bars. The Golden Oreos and using an Oreo base gives them a delicious cookies and cream flavour.
Sweetened condensed milk – holds the bars together and creates a gooey texture and irresistible sweetness.
Butter – I used unsalted. This will be melted.
Golden Oreos – 1 entire package is used. Some will be processed to use in the base. The rest will be broken into pieces to place on top.
Chocolate chips – I used semi-sweet. Dark works too. I think milk would be too sweet.
Mini Eggs – I chopped them up before sprinkling them in.
Shredded coconut – Be sure to get unsweetened coconut so these bars aren’t over-the-top sweet.
Sweetened condensed milk – The secret glue that holds these bars together. Make sure you use sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk.
One of my favourite parts about this recipe is how much you can customize it just for you! If you’re allergic or don’t like the ingredients I used, you may omit it completely or substitute it. Here are a few ideas:
Coconut – Oats give a similar texture! Rolled would be best.
Nuts – Pecans, walnuts, macadamia, or almonds would be delicious.
Oreos – I used golden Oreos, but feel free to use regular ones or a holiday flavour!
Chocolate chips – Milk, white, or dark all work! Just be aware of the sweetness.
Graham crackers – Oreos were used as the base, but in the original Seven Layer Magic Bars a graham cracker base is used.
Step by step instructions
Here is how to make and bake these Mini Egg Magic Bars. Everything comes together in one bowl.
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil. If foil, then also grease the bottom and sides. Set aside.
Step 2 – Make the base: Process Oreos using a food processor until fine crumbs appear. Add in melted butter and mix until the crumbs are completely coated in the butter. Press the base firmly into the bottom of the 8×8 pan.
Step 3 – Layer the bars: Begin to add each ingredient into the pan, one at a time. The order I went in was chocolate chips, shredded coconut, Oreos, and mini eggs.
Step 4 – Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk: Evenly distribute the milk across the entire pan evenly, coating all of the layers.
Step 5 – Bake for 25-27 minutes or until it’s golden brown. Remove from the oven.
Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing. This is essential and if the bars are still warm, they won’t slice well!
Expert Baking Tips
Here are a few baking tips from my kitchen to yours
- Make sure you use sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk!
- Allow the bars to completely cool before slicing into them. As they cool, they will set. If you slice them too early it’ll be a gooey mess!
- To speed up the cooling process, place into the refrigerator.
- Use good quality chocolate chips. I used Chipits semi-sweet. The cheap kind won’t hold as well in these bars.
What are each of the layers in a 7 layer bar?
The layers are butter, Oreo crumbs, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, mini eggs, Oreo pieces, and sweetened condensed milk.
Can I replace the Golden Oreo crumbs?
Yes you can use regular Oreos or graham cracker crumbs.
Can I use a 9×13 pan?
Yes! Your bars will just come out slightly thinner. I don’t recommend doubling the recipe for a 9×13 pan, they will be too thick.
What are Oreo baking crumbs?
They are a cookie baking crumb made by Oreo out of Oreo cookies. If you are unable to find these in your grocery store, just take whole Oreos and process them (cookie and filling) until fine crumbs. You will need 2 cups total.
Storing and Freezing
Mini Egg Magic Bars are best served at room temperature. Keep in an airtight container on your counter for up to 3 days.
You can store these Mini Egg Magic Bars in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
If you’d like to freeze the bars, place parchment paper in between each bar and place in a plastic bag or sealed container. Freeze for up to 3 months and thaw 2 hours prior on the counter to serve.
Check out these recipes
PS : If you enjoyed this recipe, please make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW down below! I’d love to stay connected on Instagram @sweettreatsyt! To get more recipes follow me on TikTok @sweettreatsyt!
Mini Egg Magic Bars
- 2 1/4 cups Oreo crumbs about 3/4 of an Oreo package
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 10 Oreos broken in pieces
- 1/2 cup Mini Eggs crushed
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil. If foil, then also grease the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- Process Oreos (filling and cookie) using a food processor until fine crumbs. Add in melted butter and mix until the crumbs are completely coated in the butter.2 1/4 cups Oreo crumbs, 6 tbsp butter
- Transfer into the prepared pan and press down firmly to create a base.
- Begin sprinkling each ingredient onto the base; chocolate chips, coconut, Golden Oreos, and Mini Eggs.3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup shredded coconut, 10 Oreos, 1/2 cup Mini Eggs
- Finish by pouring the entire can of sweetened condensed milk on top, covering the entire pan evenly.14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely before slicing. As it cools, the bars will set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!