These Strawberry Cheesecake Bars have a buttery vanilla Oreo base, a creamy cheesecake, and a simple homemade strawberry sauce. It pairs sweet cheesecake with fresh strawberries. The bars are light, refreshing, and packed with delicious strawberry vanilla flavour!
The base uses a golden Oreo crust, and there are also extra golden Oreo’s placed on top. The baked cheesecake is super creamy and pairs perfectly with the vanilla cookie flavour.
These strawberry cheesecake bars are such a good summer recipe. The simple homemade strawberry sauce is made with fresh strawberries during the season. You may also use frozen strawberries.
For more cheesecake recipes, try 5 ingredient No Bake Biscoff Cheesecake Bars, Black Forest Cheesecake Brownies, and Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes.
Why this recipe works
Easy to make – Baking cheesecake bars is much simpler and less intimidating than baking a whole cheesecake!
Golden Oreos – There are Golden Oreos in both the base and on top. It really ties the flavours together.
Cheesecake – This is a fool-proof baked cheesecake recipe. It has simple ingredients and comes together in just a few steps. No water bath required.
Strawberry Sauce – The cheesecake is topped with a homemade strawberry sauce that can be made ahead of time.
Full recipe and ingredients are in the recipe card below. Feel free to scroll through this section to view certain key ingredients we’re using!
Golden Oreos – Are used in both the base of the bars, and on top for decoration. You may use regular Oreos or any off-brand vanilla cookie instead.
Cream cheese – Full fat cream cheese is required. Remove two hours before baking.
Eggs – Remove two hours before baking.
Sour cream – 14% fat sour cream is used. Remove two hours before baking.
Heavy cream – 35% heavy cream is used. Remove two hours before baking.
Strawberries – Fresh strawberries are used for the sauce. If using frozen, thaw completely and make sure to drain any excess water.
Vanilla – For sweetness and obvious flavouring.
Step by Step Instructions
This recipe consists of three main steps; the crust, the cheesecake, and the strawberry sauce. You’ll need an 8×8 inch springform pan.
Step 1 – Make the crust: Process the Oreos until fine crumbs appear. Add into a small bowl along with the melted butter and mix until the crumbs are completely coated in the butter.
Step 2 – Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Add the crumbs into the pan, and press down firmly to create a solid base.
Step 3 – Bake the crust for 10 minutes. After it’s done baking, allow to sit on the counter while you make the cheesecake.
Step 4 – Make the cheesecake: In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese on high. Add in white sugar and continue beating. It should be fluffy.
Step 5 – Add in sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla. Lower the mixer to medium speed and beating, making sure to scrap the sides of the bowl. The mixture will be very smooth.
Step 6 – Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust. Bake for 45-50 minutes. The outside edge will look a light golden brown. Make sure to cool the cheesecake completely on the counter before transferring to the fridge.
Step 7 – Make the strawberry sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, add the strawberries, lemon juice, water, sugar, and cornstarch. Mix together until combined. Heat this for 8-10 minutes, making sure to stir once it begins to simmer. The strawberries will shrink and release their juices. The whole mixture will thicken. That’s when you know it’s ready. Do not keep on heat for over 10 minutes.
Step 8 – Allow the sauce to come to room temperature and then pour on top of cheesecake.
Step 9 – Wrap the cheesecake pan with saran wrap and chill overnight. Cut into squares. Top with Oreo pieces. Keep refrigerated. Enjoy!
Expert Baking Tips
Here are a list of baking tips from my kitchen to yours
When making the base, don’t push the crust up the sides of the pan. Only coat the bottom.
Make sure to cool the cheesecake completely on a cooling rack before chilling in the fridge.
Crack the oven door open once the cheesecake is baked and allow for the hot air to slowly release. If you immediately remove the cheesecake from the oven and place it on your counter, it’ll crack.
Allow the sauce to come to room temperature before pouring it on top of thee cheesecake. As the sauce cools, it will thicken.
Slice the cheesecake bars before adding the Golden Oreo pieces on top. It’ll be a lot harder and messier to cut if the Oreos are placed beforehand.
Only place Golden Oreos on top of the ones you’re eating. They will turn soggy if you place them into the fridge.
My cheesecake mixture is grainy while mixing!? Why!?
Your ingredients are not at room temperature, therefore your mixture has begun to clump together. Make sure you remove the ingredients from your refrigerator minimum 2 hours before baking.
Can I use a graham cracker crust?
Yes! Use 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs.
My strawberry sauce turned dark and didn’t thicken after 10 minutes?
If it didn’t thicken, your heat most likely wasn’t high enough. Also, the sauce thickens as it cools. If you used frozen strawberries this could be why.
These cheesecake bars must be kept cold. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Check out these recipes
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mini Egg No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
PS : Make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW if you enjoyed this recipe! Let’s stay connected on Instagram @sweettreatsyt. To get more recipes follow me on TikTok @sweettreatsyt!
Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
Graham Cracker Base
- 2 cups Golden Oreos* fine crumbs
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 3 cups fresh strawberries washed & sliced in halves/quarters
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp water
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream room temperature
- 2 tbsp heavy cream room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs room temperature
- Vanilla Golden Oreos topping
For the Base
- Process Golden Oreos into fine crumbs. Add to a small bowl along with melted butter and mix until the crumbs are fully coated.2 cups Golden Oreos*, 6 tbsp butter
- Transfer into a lined 8×8 inch square pan and press down to compact using a flat surface.
- Cut strawberries into quarters. Pour strawberries into a saucepan over medium heat. If using frozen berries, thaw first and drain the liquid before adding into the saucepan. Add lemon juice, sugar, water, and cornstarch. Mix.3 cups fresh strawberries, 1 tbsp cornstarch, 1/3 cup white sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tbsp water
- Cook for 8-10 minutes. Make sure to stir while it simmers every few minutes. The sauce will be ready once the strawberries have shrunk and the mixture has thickened. Do not keep on the heat for longer than 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. As it thicken as it cools.
For the Cheesecake
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese on high for 2 minutes. Add in the white sugar and continue beating for another 1-2 minutes.16 oz cream cheese, 1/3 cup white sugar
- Add in the sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla. Lower to a medium speed and continue mixing until everything is smooth. Scrape the bowl when needed.1/4 cup sour cream, 2 tbsp heavy cream, 1 tbsp vanilla
- Keeping the mixer on low, add in one egg. Allow it to mix in and then add the second egg.2 eggs
- Pour the cheesecake batter onto the crust. Bake at 325°F for 45-50 minutes. The cheesecake is done when the outside is a light golden brown colour.
- Pop the oven door open slightly and allow all the hot air to escape before removing from the oven and placing on the counter.
- Once the strawberry sauce is at room temperature, pour on top of the cheesecake and spread evenly. Allow the cheesecake to get to room temperature before placing in the fridge to chill overnight. Slice, add extra Oreo pieces on top, and enjoy! Keep cold.Vanilla Golden Oreos