These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are large chewy cookies with crisp edges. They’re loaded with creamy peanut butter and mini chocolate chips. No chill time required!
The peanut butter chocolate combination is a classic. This recipe is SO good. These cookies are super soft thanks to the butter and peanut butter, and they’ve got just the right amount of sweetness.
If you want to try more peanut butter recipes, check out my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookie Cups, or Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies.
Why you’ll LOVE this recipe
- Simple ingredients.
- No chill time.
- Classic peanut butter and chocolate combination.
- One bowl recipe.
- Thick, chewy cookies with crisp edges.
- Loaded with creamy peanut butter.
Full recipe and ingredients are in the recipe card below. Feel free to scroll through this section to view certain key ingredients we’re using!
Brown sugar: I used light brown sugar, but golden yellow or dark brown also works.
Butter: Unsalted butter works best for baking. Remove from the fridge 2 hours before baking or the night before.
Eggs: Remove from the fridge 2 hours before baking or the night before.
Mini chocolate chips: These cookies use mini chocolate chips. Using mini rather than semi-sweet allows for perfect balance between the peanut butter and the chocolate flavours.
Peanut butter: Use creamy peanut butter. Natural peanut butter is too runny.
Step by Step Instructions
Here is a more detailed step-by-step than the recipe card. Scroll down for a full recipe video and measurements.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Step 2: Cream together the butter and two sugars on high. The texture will be light and fluffy.
Step 3: Add in the creamy peanut butter and vanilla extract. The mixture will look creamy. Add in the egg, and turn your mixer on high for 2 minutes. It will look light and soft. Check out the video for reference.
Step 4: Fold in the flour and baking soda until just combined. Make sure not to overmix.
Step 5: Mix in the mini chocolate chips for a few seconds on low speed.
Step 6: Use a 2 oz cookie scooper. Scoop 3-4 tbsp per cookie onto the baking tray. Roll into even balls. Bake six cookies at a time for 10-13 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the outside of the cookie is a light golden brown colour. The inside will still look soft.
Step 7: Remove from the oven and allow to sit on the tray for 5 minutes. The cookies will continue to bake from the warmth! Now would be the time to add extra mini chocolate chips if desired.
Expert Baking Tips
Here are four awesome baking tips from my kitchen to yours
Chewy cookies will only be created with proper aeration in the dough. This is the process of adding air into the dough, and why it’s important to mix on different speeds during the first few steps.
Creamy peanut butter must be used. Natural is too runny. I always buy mine in bulk from Jif or Kraft.
Smaller cookies means shortening the baking time to 8-10 minutes and keeping a constant eye while baking.
Spreading problem? Your baking soda isn’t fresh enough. During the next batch, slightly flatten the cookie balls. If they’re spreading to much, place into the refrigerator for an hour.
Check out these other recipes:
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- Mini Egg No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Blondies
PS : Make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW if you enjoyed this recipe! Let’s stay connected on Instagram @sweettreatsyt. To get more recipes follow me on TikTok @sweettreatsyt!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1 + 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsps baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attached, beat butter, brown sugar, and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes. It will be light in colour and fluffy.1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 tbsp white sugar
- Add in peanut butter and vanilla. Continue on mixing on medium speed.1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 2 tsps vanilla
- Add in the egg. Turn the mixer on high and beat for 2 minutes.1 egg
- Fold in the flour and baking soda until just combined. Make sure not to overmix!1 + 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, 3/4 tsps baking soda
- Toss in the mini chocolate chips and mix.1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop 3-4 tbsp per dough. Roll into balls and place onto the parchment paper. Bake six cookies at a time for 10-13 minutes.
- Bake until the cookies are slightly golden on the edges. Top with extra mini chocolate chips. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling tray. Enjoy!