These Oreo peppermint cookies are are baked large to have a chewy gooey centres. The cookies are loaded with Oreo pieces, chocolate chips, and crushed candy canes! If you love Oreo, these cookies are for you!
This recipe makes 9 large cookies that have a chewy gooey center, chopped Oreos, crushed candy canes, and chocolate chips. They are the perfect holiday cookie to bring in the holiday spirit.
Three things I love about this recipe: no mixer, no chill time, and you can use whatever add-ins your heart desires!
For more Oreo recipes try Fudgy Oreo Brownies, 4 Ingredient Cookies & Cream Bars, and Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes.
Why this recipe works
Easy to make – No electric mixer required and everything comes together in one bowl.
No chill time – So you get your cookies even quicker!
Holiday treat – An easy Christmas cookie treat, and all the add-ins can be be substituted to accommodated any holiday.
Large and soft cookies – When you bake them large, they have a chewy and gooey center.
Full recipe and ingredients are in the recipe card below. Feel free to scroll through this section to view the five ingredients we’re using!
Butter: Unsalted works best for baking. Remove at least two hours before baking.
Eggs: Remove two hours before baking.
Chocolate chips: I used semi-sweet. Dark or white would add a nice contrast as well.
Candy canes: Adds a slight mint flavour to the cookies and gives them that holiday look.
Oreos – Regular Oreos were used in this recipe. Don’t use double stuff.
Step by step instructions
Here is how to make and bake these Oreo Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full measurements.
Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and line a cookie baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
Step 2 – Cream together sugars and butter. Add in the vanilla and egg and continue creaming until well combined.
Step 3 – Add dry into wet. Add in the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt over the wet ingredient mixture. Fold until just combined.
Step 4 – Add-ins. Fold in the chocolate chips, crushed candy cane, and Oreo pieces.
Step 5 – Scoop and bake. This recipe makes 9-10 cookies. Bake them 6 at a time for 13 minutes.
Step 6 – Cool. The cookies will look underdone or gooey in the middle. That’s what we want, they will continue to bake after you pull them out of the oven to cool.
Expert Baking Tips
Here are a few baking tips from my kitchen to yours
- The cookies should be soft and gooey, they will continue to cook as they cool. This helps to make sure they have chewy centers.
- Accurately measure your flour using a gram scale.
- Omit and mix up the substitutions! I think these would taste so good with mini Oreos, pretzels, white chocolate and/or dark chocolate!
My cookies are spreading too much!?
If you use double stuffed Oreos this would be the reason. If not, the flour measurements aren’t accurate. Make sure to use a gram scale for the most precise measurements.
Can these cookie dough balls be frozen?
Yes they can! Store the cookie dough balls in an airtight container or in plastic wrap for up to 30 days. Let the cookie dough balls thaw completely before baking.
My cookies aren’t spreading at all!?
If your cookies aren’t spreading, you might’ve added too much flour. Make sure to use a gram scale for the most precise measurements.
Can I use mini Oreos?
Storing & Freezing
Store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. My favourite way to eat these cookies is after warming them up for a few seconds so the chocolate gets all gooey.
Freeze the cookies in an air tight container or a ziplock bag for up to 2 months. Remove from freezer one hour before serving, or warm them up quickly in the microwave.
Check out these recipes
- Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Muffin Cookies
- Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Pistachio Cookies
PS : Make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW if you enjoyed this recipe! Let’s stay connected on Instagram @sweettreatsyt. To get more recipes follow me on TikTok @sweettreatsyt!
Oreo Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup candy cane crushed
- 7 Oreos crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and line a cookie baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Cream until well combined. I used a regular spatula, but you can also use an electric mixer.1/2 cup butter, 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing.1 egg, 1 tbsp vanilla
- Toss in flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Fold until a soft dough forms. Do not overmix!1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp cornstarch, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add in chocolate chips, candy cane, and Oreos. Fold into the dough.1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/4 cup candy cane, 7 Oreos
- Bake 6 cookies at a time for 13-14 minutes. The center will look extra gooey and soft, but will have a crisp edge. That's when you know it's done. The cookies will continue to bake on the pan after you've removed them from the oven. Now would be the time to add extra toppings on top if desired.