These no bake Cookies & Cream Bars are super creamy and rich in flavour. The filling is made with cream cheese, chocolate, and Oreos. It’s topped off with more Oreos and then chilled in the fridge. Any Oreo lover’s dream!
Summer calls for no bake recipes. These Cookies & Cream bars use a food processor to blend the cream cheese, melted chocolate, and Oreos together. It’s then placed into a square pan with an Oreo crumb base, and set in the refrigerator to create the ultimate no bake dessert.
This blog generates income via ads at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why this recipe works
- 4 ingredients.
- Mega creamy chocolate filling.
- 15 minute prep.
- No bake recipe.
Full recipe and ingredients are in the recipe card below. Feel free to scroll through this section to view the four key ingredients we’re using!
Butter: Melted butter is used for the base of this recipe.
Cream cheese: Regular, full fat cream cheese. Remove 2+ hours before baking.
Chocolate chips: Semi-sweet is used, but dark is good as well. I wouldn’t recommend milk or white as this would make the bars way to sweet.
Oreos: A full package of regular Oreos is divided and used.
Step by Step Instructions
Here is a more detailed step-by-step than the recipe card. Scroll down for a full recipe video and measurements.
Step 1 – Line a square 8×8 pan with foil and lightly grease the bottoms and side with oil. Set aside.
Step 2 – In a food processor process 2 cups worth of fine Oreo crumbs. Make sure you use the filling too.
Step 3 – Combine the Oreo crumbs with melted butter. Make sure the crumbs are completely coated in the butter.
Step 4 – Transfer into the prepared pan and press down firmly to make a base.
Step 5 – In a food processor process 10 Oreos. Add in cream cheese. Blend until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides when necessary
Step 6 – Add in chocolate chips and continue processing until it’s all combined.
Step 7 – Transfer into the pan with the base and gently spread it on top.
Step 8 – Top off with more broken pieces of Oreos.
Step 9 – Place into the fridge to set for a minimum of 2 hours. You may speed this up by placing it in the freezer for 1 hour.
Step 10 – Slice into squares and enjoy! Keep refrigerated.
Expert Baking Tips
Here are five awesome baking tips from my kitchen to yours
A food processor is mandatory for this recipe. Unfortunately, you cannot crush the crumbs to be fine enough for the base manually.
Melted butter is the most important ingredient to help the base stick together. For a no bake recipe like this one, I typically recommend 4-6 tablespoons of melted butter for every 2 cups of crumbs. Start off with 4, and if you notice it isn’t enough add in 1 tbsp more at a time.
The base texture should not be sticky, but not soggy. If it’s sticking to your spoon while you’re trying to push it into your prepared pan then there’s not enough butter.
Use the filling in the base when processing the Oreos. Don’t separate the cookie from the filling! The filling helps everything stick together.
Keep the bars refrigerated when not consuming. Since there is cream cheese, this is important!
What does softened cream cheese mean? Isn’t cream cheese already soft to begin with?
Technically yes! You aren’t wrong. By softened cream cheese I mean room temperature cream cheese. Make sure you take it out of the fridge 2 hours minimum before baking.
How do I store these Cookies & Cream Bars?
When not being eaten, these bars must be kept in the fridge. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes, but the bars taste best when they’re made on the same day they are eaten.
My base is falling apart!?
This means there is too little butter. Mix in an extra tbsp and you should be good to go. Also make sure you are blending the whole Oreo for the base, not just the black cookie part.
Other recipes to try
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mini Egg No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
PS : Make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW if you enjoyed this recipe! Let’s stay connected on Instagram @sweettreatsyt. To get more recipes follow me on TikTok @sweettreatsyt!
Cookies & Cream Bars
- 1 package Oreos divided
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 6 oz cream cheese room temperature
- Line and lightly grease a 8×8 square pan with foil and oil. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process Oreos until you get 2 cups of crumbs. (Make sure you process the filling and cookie).1 package Oreos
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 cups of Oreo crumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are completely coated.4 tbsp butter, 1 package Oreos
- Press down firmly into your prepared pan using a spoon of your fingers. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process 10 Oreos.1 package Oreos
- Add cream cheese and continue mixing, scraping the sides when needed.6 oz cream cheese
- Add in chocolate chips and continue processing until it becomes a smooth filling.1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Transfer onto the base and gently spread evenly.
- Top off with extra Oreos (optional).
- Place into the fridge to set for minimum 2 hours.
- Once set, slice and enjoy!