Nothing says Easter like mini eggs! These Mini Egg Rice Krispie Squares are chewy bars that have colourful Cadbury Mini Eggs inside. It’s then topped off with a layer of chocolate and more Mini Eggs. This is a quick and simple five ingredient recipe that everyone will love!
Purchasing the items in this post supports my blog at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rice Krispie treats are a vivid childhood memory of mine! If you’re not familiar with what they are, essentially it’s a no-bake recipe with butter, marshmallows and Rice Krispies cereal! It’s melted together and pressed into a pan firmly, then left to refrigerate until set. It’s a simple kid-friendly cereal recipe with minimal ingredients.
Why you’ll LOVE this recipe
- Festive Easter treat.
- Rice Krispies taken to the next level.
- Only 5 ingredients required.
- Mini eggs! Yum!
- Who doesn’t love a good Rice Krispie?
- Kid-friendly recipe.
Full recipe and ingredients are in the recipe card below. Feel free to scroll through this section to view certain key ingredients we’re using!
Marshmallows: Mini or regular sized works. The most accurate measurements can be made using grams.
Chocolate Chips: I recommend semi-sweet. Milk chocolate chips would be too sweet.
Mini Eggs: I used Cadbury, but a no name brand works as well. The best and cleanest way to crush them is by placing them into a Ziplock bag and lightly hitting them with a rolling pin.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Line a 9×9 square pan with foil or parchment paper and lightly grease with butter or oil.
Step 2: In a pot on low heat, add in butter and marshmallows. It’s important to continuously stir during this step! The mixture will go from bubbly and separated to smooth within 5-10 minutes. Do not keep it on the stove top for longer than needed.
Step 3: Remove from heat and mix in Rice Krispies.
Step 4: Toss in Mini Eggs and fold. The mixture will be warm so you’ll have to work as fast as possible here so the mini eggs don’t melt.
Step 5: Transfer into the prepared pan and press down gently. The easiest way to do this is to grease a cup or the bottom of your hand.
Step 6: Melt chocolate and pour on top of the Rice Krispies. Spread out evenly and sprinkle remaining crushed mini eggs.
Step 7: Place into refrigerator for minimum 1 hour or until set. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe Video for Mini Egg Rice Krispies Squares
Expert Baking Tips
Use the biggest saucepan you own: Mixing everything in the same pan makes this recipe a lot easier. It also allows for minimal clean up!
Work fast: The Mini Eggs are added after the Rice Krispies are mixed in. It will be warm, so to prevent them from melting make sure you do it as quickly as possible.
Have the melted chocolate ready to go: As mentioned earlier, you need to work fast. I had the chocolate chips melting in a water bath on low heat as I was making the Rice Krispies. You may also melt it in the microwave using 15 second intervals.
Greasy hands: Your hands are the best tool in the kitchen. Lightly grease your hands (or the bottom of a cup) with butter to press the Rice Krispies down evenly and firmly.
Storing Mini Egg Rice Krispies Squares
These treats will stay soft for two days in an air-tight container! For single serving purposes I typically wrap them individually in plastic wrap before placing them into the containers. This step will also ensure they stay soft and fresh!
PS : Make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW if you enjoyed this recipe! Let’s stay connected on Instagram @sweettreatsyt. To get more recipes follow me on TikTok @sweettreatsyt!
Mini Egg Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies you may add 1 extra cup to make 4 if desired.
- 1 cup Cadbury Mini Eggs divided
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips melted
- Line a 9×9" square tin with parchment paper or foil and lightly grease with butter or oil.
- Melt butter and mini marshmallows together on low heat until smooth and melted. Make sure to keep mixing so it doesn't burn!3 1/2 tbsp butter, 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Once melted, remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in Rice Krispies.3 cups Rice Krispies
- Add in Mini Eggs. You must work fast here as the mixture is warm and you don't want the Mini Eggs to melt!1 cup Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Transfer into the prepared pan and press down firmly. To minimize the sticky mess, press down with a greased cup or greased hands!
- Melt the chocolate chips on low heat or in the microwave in 15 second intervals.3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Pour and spread evenly on top of the Rice Krispies.
- Sprinkle extra Mini Eggs on top.1 cup Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Set in the fridge for one or more hours, slice into squares, and enjoy!
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mini Egg No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Blueberry Muffin Cookies