Give me s’more! This Giant S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie is the type of cookie you make when you’re craving a campfire s’more and a cookie all at once! The cookie dough is full of chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs. Inside it’s stuffed with gooey marshmallows, melted chocolate, and graham crackers.
This is the ultimate way to eat s’mores without a campfire! It is ooey, gooey, and so delicious. The dough is a no chill recipe!
Instead of scooping into individual cookies, the dough is split in two. The first half is flattened and a classic s’more is placed on top. Then, the second half is placed to seal it all together! The giant then placed in the middle of the pan and baked to perfection.
This blog generates income via ads at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why this recipe works
- Giant – this is one giant delicious cookie.
- Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate – where my chocolate lovers at!?
- Give me s’more! – it’s stuffed with an entire s’more.
- No chill time – as an impatient baker, this one is so important!
Full recipe and ingredients are in the recipe card below. Feel free to scroll through this section to view the five ingredients we’re using!
Butter – Unsalted. This will be melted.
Chocolate chips – Semi-sweet are used. Dark may be used as well, but milk will be too sweet. You may also omit it completely!
Chocolate bar – I used a dark chocolate bar for my s’more. You may also use milk or regular.
Graham crackers – I used store-bought graham crackers. The cookie dough also uses graham cracker crumbs.
Marshmallows – I used regular sized marshmallows sliced in half. However, mini work as well.
Step by Step Instructions
Here is a more detailed step-by-step than the recipe card. Scroll down for a full recipe video and measurements.
Step 1 – In a small bowl whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, and white sugar.
Step 2 – Add in egg yolk and vanilla and continue whisking.
Step 3 – Fold in baking soda and flour until a soft dough forms. Do not overmix!
Step 4 – Add in chocolate chips.
Step 5 – Divide the dough in half. With the first half, press into a flat circle, sort of resembling a burger patty. Place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Step 6 – Assemble the s’mores: Lay the graham cracker onto the cookie. Top each cracker with a piece of chocolate, then top the chocolate with two marshmallow halves or several mini marshmallows. Place the remaining graham cracker on top!
Step 7 – Gently flatten the remaining dough and place it on top. Seal the cookie with your fingers, making sure there is no s’mores showing. Check out tips for more.
Step 8 – Bake at 350°F for 15-17 minutes or until the edges look golden brown. The centre will look soft.
Step 9 – Allow to cool on the baking tray for an additional 15-20 minutes. The warmth from the tray will allow the cookie to continue to bake!
Step 10 – Serve in slices, whole, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!
Expert Baking Tips
Here are five expert baking tips from my kitchen to yours
Make sure the cookie is completely sealed. The graham cracker on top may be pointy and stick out. If it does and you’re nervous about the cookie collapsing in the oven, you can completely remove it from the s’mores (Meaning you would have one graham cracker on the base).
Have a heavier top half of the cookie dough versus on the bottom. This will prevent leaks from happening.
Remember that the marshmallow expands in the oven. Don’t stuff it too much!
Use one egg yolk. Not an entire egg.
If you don’t like your desserts super sweet, omit the chocolate chips or opt for a dark chocolate.
My marshmallow leaked! Why?
Don’t panic. This happened to me too! It’s because the cookie wasn’t sealed properly or thick enough. If you notice your cookie opens up in the oven while it’s baking, it’s most likely because it was too tall. Quickly take the cookie out of the oven and remove the top graham cracker. Seal it up as best as you can and continue baking. If it ends up leaking anyways, it’s okay! It’s just as delicious.
Can I use mini marshmallows?
Do I have to put graham cracker crumbs in the cookie dough?
Can I just make the giant cookie without the s’mores inside?
Absolutely! Feel free to stuff it with other things like Nutella, or just marshmallows!
Other Recipes to try
Giant S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together brown sugar, white sugar, and melted butter.1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp white sugar, 1/4 cup butter
- Whisk in vanilla and egg yolk.1 egg yolk, 2 tsps vanilla
- Fold in flour and baking soda until a soft dough forms.
- Toss in chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll one half into a ball and press it flat into the center of a baking pan lined with parchment paper. It should resemble a hamburger patty.
- Layer the s'mores. Start by adding a graham cracker on the cookie dough. Then add the chocolate bar and sliced marshmallow halves. Finish with the graham cracker on top.
- With the remaining dough, flatten and cover on top of the first half.
- Gently seal the cookie, making sure there are no visible cracks of the graham cracker or s'mores. See photo for reference.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the sides look golden brown. The center should look soft.
- Allow to sit on the tray for about 15 minutes. The warmth from the tray will allow it to continue baking. Now would be the time to add extra chocolate chips if desired.