These Mini M&M Cookies are thick and chewy cookies. The inside is super soft while the edges remains crispy. It has both mini M&M’s and mini chocolate chips in the cookie dough. This is a no mixer recipe!
I am convinced that mini M&M’s are the best M&M’s out there. They just taste different and better! You also get more of them when you use them in cookies. That’s why I created these Mini M&M cookies! With no mixer required, it comes together using one bowl and a whisk.
Why this recipe works
- Easy to make – this recipe comes together in one bowl.
- No mixer – we are using melted butter, so there is no electric mixer required!
- The perfect cookie – with a soft centre and crisp edges, these cookies taste straight from a bakery!
- Mini M&M’s – these cookies are loaded with the best M&M’s out there!
- Freezing – the cookie dough balls can be frozen for future baking! Check out the freezing section down below for more details.
Full recipe and ingredients are in the recipe card below. Feel free to scroll through this section to view the five ingredients we’re using!
Butter – Unsalted. This will be melted.
Eggs – Remove the egg out 2 hours before baking.
Mini M&M’s – I bought mini M&M’s at my local grocery store. You will need one 200g bag.
Mini chocolate chips – regular sized semi-sweet or dark may be used as well. Milk will be too sweet.
Step by Step Instructions
Here is a more detailed step-by-step than the recipe card. Scroll down for a full recipe video and measurements.
Step 1 – In a bowl, add in melted (and cooled at room temperature) butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Whisk until combined.
Step 2 – Add in egg and vanilla and continue whisking. It’s okay if the mixture is grainy. Trust the process.
Step 3 – Add in baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Switch over to a spatula and fold the dough until no flour streaks appear. The dough will be soft.
Step 4 – Toss in mini chocolate chips and mini M&M’s.
Step 5 – Using a large cookie scooper (3 oz), scoop the dough onto a lined baking tray. You may use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
Step 6 – Place all of the cookie dough balls into the fridge until they are cold. This should take about 10-15 minutes. The balls must be chilled or else the cookies will spread out too much in the oven.
Step 7 – Bake 6 cookies at a time at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. The inside will look very soft and the outside will be a golden brown colour.
Step 8 – Remove from oven. Keep the cookies on the tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Expert Baking Tips
Here are five awesome baking tips from my kitchen to yours
Brown the butter for next level baking!
The butter must cool for at least 20 minutes before using. Melt the butter while you prep the ingredients!
Substitute the mini M&Ms for regular sized M&Ms or Smarties!
Flour – Spoon the flour into the measuring cup to prevent compact. Ideally you can use a scale!
While the cookies are still warm, top off with mini M&Ms and chocolate chips. That will give them a nicer appearance!
Can I use regular M&M’s?
Yes you can! The minis are a preference. However, you can use regular M&M’s!
Can I make these into smaller cookies?
Yes you can! Use a small cookie scoop or tablespoons to scoop 12 cookies instead. Bake for 8-10 minutes!
Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Yes! The cookie dough balls can be individually wrapped in saran wrap and frozen for future dessert prep for up to one month.
The cookies themselves may also be frozen for up to one month. Store them in an airtight container.
How do I store these cookies?
Leave on the counter for the first 24 hours, then place in an airtight container for up to a week.
Check out these recipes
- 4 Ingredient Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- Brown Butter Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mini M&M Cookies
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue whisking.1 egg, 1 tbsp vanilla
- Toss in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Switch over to a wooden spoon or spatula and fold.1 1/2 cups, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Add in the mini M&M's and mini chocolate chips and fold it in.1/2 cup mini M&Ms, 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Use a large cookie scoop (a 3oz cookie scoop) or your hands and scoop the dough. 9 cookies should be made in total.
- Place the balls into the fridge to cool on a plate for 10-15 minutes or until they are cool to the touch.
- Bake 6 cookies at a time at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. The edges of the cookies will be a light golden brown colour when removed from the oven. The inside will look soft.
- Remove from the oven. Now would be the time to add on extra M&Ms and mini chocolate chips on top. Allow the cookies to sit on the tray for an additional 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.1/2 cup mini M&Ms, 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips