An easy strawberry brownie recipe with rich and fudgy homemade brownies, pockets of milk and dark chocolate chunks, and sweet strawberries throughout. So much strawberry flavour!
There’s a lot of strawberry brownie recipes out there using boxed brownie or strawberry cake mix. Despite delicious, nothing beats homemade.
These brownies are seriously so fudgy. They have cocoa powder, dark chocolate, and milk chocolate, so you know it’s loaded up with rich chocolate goodness.
The juices from the sweet and tart strawberries sink into the brownies as they bake, leaving every bite filled with decadent strawberry flavour.
This is a recipe I made back on my YouTube channel in 2021. The video recipe can be found down below.
Why this recipe works
Strawberries – Every bite is bursting with sweet strawberry flavour! Good recipe to use leftover strawberries for.
Fudgy – These brownies are extra gooey and rich.
Easy to make – No electric mixer is required. Just a bowl, a spatula, and a whisk!
Full recipe and measurements available in recipe card below
Butter – I always use unsalted butter. This will be melted.
Brown sugar – I used light brown sugar, but dark works as well. Both types of sugars will make your brownies soft.
Cocoa powder – Your brownies are only as good as the cocoa powder you use. This high quality one is what I use!
Chocolate – I like using both milk and dark chocolate in this recipe. I chopped up chocolate bars to get those gooey pockets of chocolate. You can use one or two kinds of chocolate chips though!
Strawberries – After washing, dry them completely. Then slice the strawberries thinly. I reserved a few on the side for the top.
Step by step instructions
Here is how to make and bake these fudgy strawberry chunk brownies. You will need an 8×8 square pan lined with parchment paper, a large mixing bowl, a spatula, and a whisk. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
Step 1: Whisk the butter and sugars. In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter and sugars. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue whisking.
Step 2: Add in dry ingredients. Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and stir just until no flour streaks appear. Then add the strawberries and chocolate chunks in and stir gently.
Step 3: Spread and bake. Transfer the batter into and spread evenly. Top with extra sliced strawberries and chocolate chunks.
Step 4: Bake the brownies. Bake for 20-22 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out with just a couple of moist crumbs.
Cool the brownies before slicing. Enjoy!
Can I use frozen strawberries?
I tried using frozen berries and it did not work. There is to much liquid in frozen strawberries and it will ruin the brownies.
Can I use chocolate chips?
Yes! You may use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. I just prefer to use two types of chopped chocolate to get those pockets of gooey chocolate.
Check out these recipes
- Chocolate Espresso Walnut Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Banana Blondies
- Brown Butter Toffee Walnut Cookies
Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well combined.1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2/3 cups white sugar
- Add in vanilla and eggs and continue whisking for 2 minutes until pale.2 eggs, 1 tbsp vanilla
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gently fold in until no flour streaks appear. Do not overmix.3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp salt
- Add in sliced strawberries and milk and dark chocolate chunks. Fold a few times.5 strawberries, 1 cup milk and dark chocolate chunks
- Spread the brownie batter evenly in the prepared pan. Top with extra berries and chocolate pieces. Bake for 20-22 minutes. The brownies will be ready when a toothpick inserted comes out moist with crumbs.
- Allow the brownies to cool before slicing and enjoy!