Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is perfectly soft and super moist! The bread is full of fall spices and mini chocolate chips. No mixer required!
This bread is the perfect bake to get you in all the fall feelings!
Pumpkin bread has the best texture! It’s just the recipe you need to use up any leftover pumpkin puree you’ve got lying around. The dry and wet ingredients are whisked in separate bowls, and then together to create the batter. It’s topped off with extra mini chocolate chips and baked until perfection.
For more fall recipes, try Chewy Brown Butter Maple Pumpkin Cookies, Glazed Pumpkin Coffee Cake, and Mini Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts.
Why this recipe works
Easy to make – No mixer required!
Moist pumpkin bread – The pumpkin bread has the best texture! It is incredibly soft and full of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Mini chocolate chips – Makes everything better, including this bread!
Great flavour – It has just the right amount of fall flavours to get you coming back for more.
Here’s a list of a few key ingredients we’re using. Full recipe and ingredients are in the recipe card below.
Brown sugar – I used dark brown sugar.
Eggs – Remove two hours before baking.
Oil – I always use sunflower oil while baking. Vegetable works good too.
Pumpkin purée – Adds moisture and flavour into the pumpkin chocolate chip bread. Make sure it is not pumpkin pie filling!
Nutmeg – Just a dash is used for more fall flavours. If you can’t find it at your grocery store, leave it out.
Milk – Remove two hours before baking.
Step by Step Instructions
Here is how to make and bake this pumpkin loaf. You’ll need a 9×5 loaf pan. No electric mixer required.
Step 1 – Prepare the loaf pan: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with oil or nonstick spray. Line the bottom and 2 sides of the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2 – Mix the dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Step 3 – Mix the wet ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, white sugar, and eggs. Add in pumpkin, milk, vanilla, and oil. Continue whisking until the mixture is smooth.
Step 4 – Make the batter: Add the dry ingredients into the wet and fold until just combined. Add in mini chocolate chips.
Step 5 – Bake the loaf: Transfer into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top off with extra mini chocolate chips before baking.
Step 6 – Bake for 60-65 minutes. Begin checking after 50. The loaf will be done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean with a few tender crumbs. Slightly open your oven door and allow the hot air to escape for 10 minutes. Then let the bread cool on your counter at room temperature.
Cool completely and enjoy!
How do I know when my bread is done?
Begin checking for around 55 minutes. It will be done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs.
My bread is browning too quickly on top!?
Every oven is different, and if this is happening to you don’t worry! Add a piece of foil on top of the bread pan. This will allow the bread to continue baking but will stop the browning from occurring.
Can I use regular chocolate chips?
I prefer using mini because I find they don’t sink to the bottom of my bread.
My bread has a crack on top?
A crack on the top of your bread is a good sign! This means that the moist batter is setting in the oven well.
Expert Baking Tips
Here are a few baking tips from my kitchen to yours
- Make sure not to over mix the batter. Over mixing will cause the bread not to rise properly and be tough!
- Properly measure the flour by spooning the flour into the measuring cup. If you stick the measuring cup directly into the bag of flour, it will compact it and you will have more than you need. A digital scale will give you the most accurate results.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing. If you slice it while it’s still warm, the bread will crumble.
- To easily remove the bread from the loaf pan: Grease the pan. Then add a piece of parchment paper across the bottom. That way when you remove the loaf you can simply lift it straight out!
Storing & Freezing
Store this pumpkin chocolate chip bread in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.
Let the bread cool completely before freezing. Wrap in plastic wrap and place into a ziplock bag. It may stay frozen like this for up to 2 months. To thaw, remove the bread from the freezer and allow to thaw for 1-2 hours. Wrap individually for easier and faster thawing.
My favourite way to eat this is to warm it up until the chocolate chips are all melty.
Check out these recipes
- White Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- White Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge
- Valentine’s Day Monster Cookie Bars
PS : Make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW if you enjoyed this recipe! Let’s stay connected on Instagram @sweettreatsyt. To get more recipes follow me on TikTok @sweettreatsyt!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp milk room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with oil or nonstick spray. Line the bottom and 2 sides of the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.1 3/4 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, white sugar, and eggs. Add in pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla, and oil. Continue whisking until the mixture is smooth.1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, 3 tbsp milk, 1 tbsp vanilla, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup oil
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet. Using a spatula, gently fold it together until just combined.
- Toss in the mini chocolate chips. Do not over-mix!3/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top off with additional mini chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Slightly open your oven door and allow the hot air to escape for 10 minutes. Then remove from oven and let the bread sit in the hot pan for 10 more minutes. Then, grab the parchment paper to take it out of the pan and cool on a cooling rack.
- Cool before slicing. As the bread cools, it'll set. Enjoy!