These delicious Kit Kat brownies are loaded with whole Kit Kats inside the brownie and generously topped off with even more Kit Kats. The brownies are dense and fudgy with a sweet crackly top, and the Kit Kat gives them perfect wafer crunch.
Purchasing the items in this post supports my blog at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why you’ll LOVE this recipe
- No electric mixer required.
- An entire Kit Kat layer inside the brownies themselves.
- Rich, fudgy brownie with that perfect crackle top.
- Melted butter is used, no waiting around for the butter to soften.
- Any Kit Kat lover’s dream dessert.
Full recipe and ingredients are in the recipe card below. Feel free to scroll through this section to view certain key ingredients we’re using!
Baking powder: A small amount of leavening agent that helps the brownies rise properly in the oven.
Chocolate: I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips. Chocolate chunks or chopped chocolate works as well. Make sure they’re fresh as we’ll be needing to melt them for this recipe.
Eggs: Whisking the eggs prior to adding them into the batter adds air into them, which helps crate that crinkle top that everyone loves.
Instant Coffee: This is one of my secret ingredients I enjoy adding into brownies as it enhances the chocolate flavour. It is technically optional, but I do recommend you use it! Instant coffee does not make the brownies taste like coffee, but solely adds richness to the brownies! You may also use ground up coffee or espresso powder.
Kit Kat: For this recipe I used 5 full regular sized Kit Kat bars. 4 were used for the base, and the rest was chopped and sprinkled on top.
As with nearly all recipes, you may swap some of the ingredients and create different variations. Let’s get creative!
While semi-sweet chocolate chips are my go-to, you may also use milk, dark, or white chocolate chips. Feel free to also use chopped chocolate if you have some bars lying around!
Not a fan of Kit Kat’s? No problem! Substitute it for another one of your favourite chocolate bars like Snickers or Caramilk or omit it completely for a simple fudgy brownie recipe.
White granulated sugar is mainly used for sweetening. The bond between sugar and water locks in moisture so the brownies remains soft and moist. Substitute for light or dark brown sugar.
Instant coffee may be swapped for regular coffee or espresso powder.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and line and grease a 9×9 or 8×8 inch square pan.
Step 2: Into a bowl, add just melted butter that is still hot and chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips and butter and completely combined. If you’re having difficulty with the chocolate melting and your butter isn’t hot enough, simply place into the microwave at 15 second intervals or on your stovetop with a double boiler method and melt it there.
Step 3: Add in white sugar and continue whisking. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until light bubbles start to form on the top. This takes about 30 seconds.
Step 4: Add the beaten eggs, vanilla extract, and instant coffee into the main bowl of ingredients and keep on whisking.
Step 5: Toss in the sifted flour and baking powder and fold until just combined. The batter should be more on the runny side.
Step 6: Pour half of the brownie batter into your prepared pan. Line the Kit Kat’s on top. Then add remaining batter and spread out evenly. Sprinkle crushed Kit Kat’s on top. See photos down below for reference.
Step 7: Bake at 350°F/175°C until a toothpick inserted comes out moist. It should not be runny, but also not completely dry or else the brownies have been overcooked.
Other Recipes To Try
- Double Chocolate Condensed Milk Cookies
- White Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
- White Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Kit Kat Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter hot
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 tsps baking powder
- 5 Kit Kat divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and line and grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, add the hot butter and chocolate chips. Whisk together until the chocolate has melted and it's well combined.1/2 cup butter, 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add in the sugar and continue on whisking.1/2 cup white sugar
- Into a separate bowl whisk the two eggs with a fork until light air bubbles form on the top. This takes about 30 seconds.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and coffee into the bowl and whisk together.2 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla, 2 tsp instant coffee
- Toss in the sifted flour and baking powder and fold using a spatula until just combined. The batter will be runny.1/3 cup flour, 3/4 tsps baking powder
- Pour half the batter into your prepared pan and spread it so it covers the entire bottom. Add 4 of the Kit Kat's on top. Then add remaining batter and spread evenly. The Kit Kat's shouldn't be showing. Scroll up and check out the reference photos for details.5 Kit Kat
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out crumbly. Start checking around the 18 minute mark.
cake delivery in Mohali
Wonderful article! brownies are my favorite desserts. I love this blog. Thanks a lot for sharing amazing article with us. I definitely try this once.