These are chewy bakery-style cookies loaded with white chocolate and Reese’s pieces! They are soft and full of peanut butter flavour. 20 minute prep and no chill time required!
I love a good peanut butter cookie! These ones are chewy and soft with crisp edges. They’ve got two types of peanut butters – creamy peanut butter and Reese’s Pieces. Together the two make the perfect sweet and salty duo!
My favourite part about this recipe is how soft the cookies are! This is thanks to using both butter and peanut butter in the dough.
I used mini Reese’s Pieces as to not overload the cookie dough with add-ins, but feel free to use regular-sized Reese’s or even chopped up Reese’s cups!
For more peanut butter recipes, try Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookie Bars, 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Why this recipe works
Easy to make. This recipe comes together with just a few steps and there is no chilling required.
Double Peanut Butter. There is creamy peanut butter inside the dough, as well as in the Reese’s pieces.
Soft and chewy. These cookies are perfectly soft with crisp edges.
Scroll to view a few ingredients notes. Full recipe and measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Butter – I always use unsalted butter. This will be melted.
Brown sugar – I used golden yellow, but any kind of brown sugar works.
Peanut butter – Make sure you use creamy, and not natural.
White chocolate – Use a good-quality white chocolate. Cheap white chocolate has all sorts of oils in it and can burn in the oven.
Mini Reese’s Pieces – I added in mini Reese’s Pieces into these cookies. You may also use regular sized.
Step by step instructions
Here’s how to make and bake these peanut butter cookies. You’ll need a baking tray, a cookie scoop, and an electric or stand mixer for easiest baking.
Step 1 – Beat butter and sugars. In a large bowl, beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Step 2 – Add wet ingredients. Add in peanut butter and mix until ingredients are well combined. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
Step 3 – Add dry ingredients. Toss in the flour, baking soda, and salt and fold until just combined.
Step 4 – Stir in Reese’s pieces and white chocolate chips. Add in both add-ins until completely mixed in.
Step 5 – Scoop and roll. Place 3oz cookie dough balls onto a prepared baking tray. Bake 6 cookies at a time.
Step 6 – Cool & enjoy. Bake for 11 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Cool before digging in and enjoy!
Expert Baking Tips
Here are a few baking tips from my kitchen to yours
- Make sure you use a creamy peanut butter, not natural. You can use any nut butter, as long as it is creamy.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the tray as they cool. They’ll continue to bake from the heat this way.
- Spoon and measure the flour, don’t put the measuring put directly into the bag or else it’ll compact the flour and give you inaccurate results. A measuring scale works best!
- Use a stand or electric mixer for best results. You have to cream the mixture for a minimum of 2 minutes to get that final structure of the cookie.
Can I make this without an electric mixer?
I mean technically yes, but it’ll require a ton of elbow grease!
Can I use another nut butter?
Yes, as long as it’s creamy!
Can I make the cookies smaller?
Yes you can! Scoop out 1.5 tbsp of dough and bake for about 8-9 minutes.
Storing & Freezing
Store these cookies at room temperature on your counter for up to 3 days.
Freeze the cookies in an air tight container for up to 2 months.
Check out these recipes
- Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Muffin Cookies
- Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Pistachio Cookies
PS : Make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW if you enjoyed this recipe! Let’s stay connected on Instagram @sweettreatsyt. To get more recipes follow me on TikTok @sweettreatsyt!
White Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups Mini Reese's Pieces
- 1/3 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a large bowl, beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. An electric mixer works best for this.1/2 cup butter, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar
- Use a spatula to fold in the peanut butter. Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing.1 egg, 1 tbsp vanilla
- Toss in flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold gently until no dry streaks appear. Do not over-mix.1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix in mini Reese's Pieces and white chocolate chips.
- Bake 6 cookies at a time for 10-12 minutes or until the edges look a slight golden brown.
- Leave the cookies on the baking tray to set. They'll continue to bake as they cool. Now would be the time to add extra add-ins on top if desired. Enjoy!
what is the quantity of the peanut butter?
Hi Prescillia! The total quantity is 1/2 cup. I’m sorry I forgot to add this into the recipe card, thanks for letting me know 🙂