Sweet and salty blondies of your dreams! These Pretzel Chocolate Peanut Butter blondies combine delicious creamy peanut butter with salty crunchy pretzels. The peanut butter dough comes together in one bowl and is filled with pretzels and sweet chocolate.
The base of this dough is a rich and chewy cookie dough that comes together really easy! The creamy peanut butter is mixed right in, making the dough extra soft.
Before baking, pretzels, chocolate, and spoonfuls of creamy peanut butter are dolloped on top. The globs of peanut butter melt into the dough, leaving pockets of them in every bite!
This recipe is the perfect combination of cookie and peanut butter. It is so good!
Why this recipe works
Easy to make – Everything comes together in one bowl with super simple ingredients!
Peanut butter + pretzels – Such an underrated sweet and salty combo!
Blondies recipe – These are soft and rich blondies. The peanut butter makes the dough extra soft!
Butter – Unsalted butter works best. This will be melted.
Egg & egg yolk – Remove 2 hours before baking.
Chocolate chips – I used semi-sweet, but dark or milk works as well!
Peanut butter – I used creamy peanut butter. You may also use crunchy. Don’t use natural, as the consistency is too runny and the bars won’t set properly.
Step by step instructions
Step 1 – Prep. Grease the pan. For easy removal of the brownies, place parchment paper on the bottom and 2 sides of the pan. Grease again and then set aside.
Step 2 – Whisk the butter and sugar. In a large bowl, whisk the melted and cooled butter and white sugar until well combined. Then whisk in the peanut butter.
Step 3 – Add the wet ingredients. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Continue whisking for another minute or so.
Step 4 – Fold in the dry ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold in the flour and baking powder. Once there are close to no dry streaks, add in the crushed pretzels and chocolate chips and fold until well combined.
Step 5 – Transfer the dough. Evenly press the dough into the prepared pan using a spatula or your hands. Add extra pretzels, chocolate and globs of peanut butter on top.
Step 6 – Bake. Bake the bars for 24-27 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes. Allow to cool, slice, and enjoy!
My favourite way to eat these bars is slightly warm. When they are warm, the peanut butter is all melty. Yum!
Expert Baking Tips
- Measure the flour accurately. Spoon it – don’t directly put the measuring cup into the bag of flour. Use a gram scale for the most accurate measurements.
- Use a creamy or crunchy peanut butter. Good quality like Jif or Kraft!
- Use a light or dark metal pan to bake the blondies. I find that glass and ceramic tends to burn the edges of the blondies to quickly!
Do I have to add pretzels?
No, but they add a nice salty flavour!
Can I use a 9×9 pan?
Yes. If you want to use a 9×13, make sure to double the recipe.
Storing & Freezing
Store your pretzel chocolate peanut butter blondies in an airtight container or ziplock for up to 5 days at room temperature or in your refrigerator.
Freeze the bars in a ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Once ready to consume, remove 2 hours before hand to thaw at room temperature.
Check out these recipes
- Gingerbread Espresso Blondies
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Snickers Blondies
Pretzel Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp peanut butter for dolloping on top, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350℉/180℃. Grease an 8×8 inch square pan. For easy removal of the blondies, place parchment paper on the bottom and 2 sides of the pan. Grease again and then set side.
- Melt the butter. As it cools, prep and measure the rest of your ingredients.1/2 cup butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together the slightly cooled melted butter and white sugar until well combined. You may use a whisk, or an electric mixer.3/4 cups white sugar
- Add in peanut butter and continue whisking.1/2 cup peanut butter
- Add in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Continue to whisk until well combined.1 egg, 1 egg yolk, 2 tbsp vanilla
- Toss in the flour and baking powder. Once it is almost completely mixed in, add the pretzels and chocolate chips and continue mixing until there is a soft dough.1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup chopped pretzels
- Evenly press the dough into the prepared pan.
- Gently press more pretzels, chocolate chips, and globs of peanut butter on top of the blondies. This is optional.2 tbsp peanut butter
- Bake for 24-27 minutes. Mine took exactly 25 minutes.
- Cool, slice, and enjoy!