Reese’s brownies are fudgy and thick brownies filled with peanut butter cups! They come together in one bowl and are guaranteed to satisfy your chocolate craving!
These brownies are guaranteed to satisfy your chocolate peanut butter cravings! They only require 8 ingredients and comes together in one bowl.
This recipe makes 9 delicious brownies squares with that perfect crinkle top we all love.
If you are a chocolate peanut butter fan, you have to try these brownies!
Why this recipe works
Easy to make – 8 simple ingredients and no electric mixer needed!
Chocolate peanut butter – Hands down one of the best combinations if you ask me!
Fudgy – These are thick and dense brownies. If you’re looking for thin brownies, this is not the recipe for you!
Eggs – This helps provide that crinkle brownie top we all love.
Cocoa powder – Use unsweetened cocoa or natural cocoa to help balance the sweetness.
Butter – I always use unsalted. This will be melted. Using butter in brownies helps keep them soft and chewy.
White sugar – Make sure it’s granulated white sugar, and not icing sugar!
Step by step instructions
Step 1 – Prep. Grease the pan. For easy removal of the brownies, place parchment paper on the bottom and 2 sides of the pan. Grease again and then set aside.
Step 2 – Whisk butter and sugar. Melt the butter and add into a large bowl. Whisk in white sugar until well combined and glossy. The mixture might look grainy but that’s okay.
Step 3 – Add in eggs and vanilla. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
Step 4 – Add in dry ingredients. Toss in flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Using a spatula, fold until no dry streaks appear.
Step 5 – Toss in add-ins. Add in chopped Reese’s cups and mix in.
Step 6 – Transfer and bake. Transfer the batter into your prepared pan and spread evenly. Add more Reese’s pieces on top if desired!
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out fudgy.
Cool, slice, and enjoy!
Expert Baking Tips
Here are a few expert baking tips from my kitchen to yours
- Use a gram scale for most accurate measurements. Especially for the dry ingredients!
- When you are making the brownies, you need to gently fold the rest of the ingredients after the eggs are beaten. Use a spatula, and not a whisk.
- Line the bottom and two sides with parchment paper. Grease the other two sides. This will allow for the easiest removal from the pan.
- Use both mini and regular wrapped Reese’s cups for a bite of peanut butter in each bite!
Do I have to add that much sugar?
Yes. If you know me, you know I try to use as little sugar as possible in my recipes. This one requires 1 1/4 cups if you want that crinkle top and fudgy texture. The brownies also have a lot of cocoa powder for balance.
Why did my brownies sink?
This means that the brownies were too under done. Even if the edges look set, you have to make sure the middle is too because that takes the longest to bake. Mine took 35 minutes, but it can take longer depending on your oven.
Do I have to add Reese’s cups?
No! You can leave them out for a simple fudgy brownie recipe.
Check out these recipes
- Gingerbread Espresso Blondies
- Snickers Blondies
- Fudgy Butterscotch Brownies
- Brown Butter Nutella Blondies
Fudgy Reese’s Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350℉/180℃. Grease an 8×8 inch square pan. For easy removal of the brownies, place parchment paper on the bottom and 2 sides of the pan. Grease again and then set side.
- In a large bowl, add melted butter and white sugar until well combined. It will look glossy, but have grains which is okay.1/2 cup butter, 1 cup white sugar
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue whisking.2 eggs, 1 tbsp vanilla
- Toss in flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Using a spatula, mix until a brownie batter forms. Don't overmix!3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 3/4 cups cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp salt
- Add in the Reese's cups and mix in.1/2 cup Reese's peanut butter cups
- Transfer into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle extra peanut butter cups if desired.
- Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes. A toothpick inserted should come out fudgy. If it is wet, it isn't ready yet. Continue to bake at 5 minute intervals until fudgy in the middle, and the edges are set.
- The brownies continue to bake as they cool in the pan. Allow them to sit until cooled. Slice, and enjoy!
- Store the brownies on your counter for 3 days or in the fridge in an airtight container for 7.