These blondies are chewy and buttery blondies that are loaded with toffee pieces and dark chocolate inside. The brown butter adds a strong gourmet flavour and pairs perfectly with the toffee and chocolate. It’s a basic blondie with a sweet and salty spin!
You will find hints of vanilla and tons of toffee flavour in these bars. Complimented by the dark chocolate, they’re dangerously good!
The bars come together in a square pan and taste like a giant cookie bar. It’s the kind of recipe you make when you’re craving cookies but don’t want to individually roll them out. The inside is super soft and loaded with toffee bits and dark chocolate!
Why this recipe works
Easy to make – Only 9 ingredients, one bowl, and no mixer required.
Toffee flavour – The blondies are filled with a ton of toffee flavour!
Dark chocolate – The dark chocolate compliments the sweetness from the toffee perfectly.
Soft and chewy – Each bite will have you coming back for more.
Scroll to view a few ingredients notes. Full recipe and measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Butter – Unsalted butter works best. This will be melted and browned.
Eggs – Remove 2 hours before baking.
Toffee – You can always make your own, but if you want store-bought I always use this one.
Step by step instructions
Here is how to make and bake these dark chocolate toffee blondies. You will need a bowl, a spatula, a whisk, and an 8×8 pan.
Step 1 – Prep. Grease the pan. For easy removal of the brownies, place parchment paper on the bottom and 2 sides of the pan. Grease again and then set side.
Step 2 – Whisk the butter and sugar. In a medium sized bowl, whisk the cooled browned butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes.
Step 3 – Add the eggs and vanilla. Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Continue whisking.
Step 4 – Add in the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt into the wet ingredients. Once semi-mixed, add in dark chocolate and toffee bits. Mix until no dry streaks appear, but don’t over-mix.
Step 5 – Spread and bake. Transfer the dough into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Add extra toffee and chocolate pieces if desired. Bake for 25-27 minutes. The edges will be slightly golden brown.
Step 6: Cut and serve. When the bars are done, let them cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
Expert Baking Tips
- Use good quality dark chocolate and toffee bits.
- Spoon and level your flour using a gram scale for the most accurate measurements.
- Line the bottom and two sides with parchment paper. Grease the other two sides. This will allow for the easiest removal from the pan.
Storing & Freezing
Store these Dark Chocolate Toffee Blondies in an airtight container at room temperature or in your fridge for up to 5 days. Personally I enjoy eating them cold. I find that the chocolate and toffee mixed with the buttery blondie flavour is a lot stronger.
Freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
Check out these recipes
Dark Chocolate Toffee Blondies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prep an 8×8 pan by lining with parchment paper and spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt your butter. Once melted, the butter will begin to foam. Continue stirring (don’t stop!) for 5-8 minutes. After this time, you’ll notice two things: browned specks at the bottom of your pan, and a nutty aroma that will fill the air. Remove from heat, transfer to a glass container and cool for 20 minutes before using.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the browned butter and sugar.3/4 cups butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Add in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and continue whisking.1 egg, 1 egg yolk, 1 tbsp vanilla
- Switch to a spatula and fold in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Once nearly combined add in the dark chocolate, and toffee pieces. Mix until there are no more dry streaks.2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt
- Transfer into prepared pan and spread evenly. Add extra dark chocolate and toffee pieces if desired.1/2 cup toffee bits, 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Bake for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. The edges will have a slight golden brown look. Allow to cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes before slicing. Add a dash of sea salt on top for extra flavour! Enjoy!